You'll Learn the Gottman Method...
Training for Couples Therapy now offers the Gottman Method Professional Workshop “Level 1: Bridging the Couples Chasm” training created by Drs. John and Julie Gottman. In this Level 1 training you’ll learn the Gottman Method to Couples Therapy for your counseling practice. Completion of the Level 1 workshop is required before attending the Level 2 training. Sign-up for both and save $100! Sign-up for multiple workshops, as a student or intern, or as a group and save up to $250! See registration for details.
• Integrate research-based methods to maximize
your competence and inspire transformation.
• Receive a 300-page Clinical Manual featuring new
relationship assessment questionnaires and
clinical interventions - a $150 value.
• See on film Dr. Julie Gottman use all of the main
interventions with a real couple.
• Receive a certificate of completion from the
Gottman Institute. For those interested in
pursuing Gottman certification, this 2-day
workshop fulfills the Level 1 requirement.
“Excellent - Very Thorough -
A well researched, well rounded approach to therapy!!!”
“The Best Professional
Workshop on Couples Therapy
I’ve ever attended!”
“The Venue was excellent - truly a Retreat Experience”
“The intimate size of the
group made it easy to create
with other professionals...”
“Your energetic, informative,
made this a
“The theory and therapy
makes so much sense!”
“I was ecstatic to
learn the material...”
“Thank you for providing
this valuable information.”
“It was helpful to
‘The Art & Science of Love’
a few weeks ago - to have the
personal experience brought
an added element to the
In this inspirational two-day workshop, you'll learn:
• New research-based assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples' struggles
• Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
• Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying
dreams, history, and values
• Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
• Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
You'll receive a 300-page Clinical Manual...
featuring new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions.
Clinicians who take this workshop will be equipped with new methods and tools to help couples break the cycle of criticism, defensiveness, contempt and stonewalling. Through demonstrations and films from the clinical office, you'll see how to apply the research-based principles and interventions of Gottman Method Couples Therapy to strengthen:
• The Friendship System - the building block for intimacy, passion, and good sex
• The Conflict System - the basis for helping couples manage solvable problems and understand and manage
• The Shared Meaning System - the existential foundation of the relationship that helps couples create shared
purpose in building a life together
Workshop hours: 9am to 5pm. Click here - See Outline for Details...
Payment plans available thru PayPal!
See Registration page for details!
About the Workshop:
When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to the clinician to referee chronic conflicts, fix their partners, and rebuild burned bridges. Now, based on Dr. John Gottman's 35 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples, there's a practical and highly effective approach to guiding these couples across the chasm that divides them. In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples to compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
These Level 1 workshops are presented in a “Professional Retreat” setting just minutes north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge at the SF Theological in San Anselmo.
Lisa Lund, CRC, MFT
Master Certified Gottman Therapist
Couples Workshop Leader
Continue to Level 1 Workshop Outline - Click Here
Learn more about your presenter - Click Here
Go to Level 1 Registration Information Page - Click Here
Voted one of the 10 most unique event venues in Marin County, our Gottman Professional Trainings are held at the San Francisco Theological Seminary.
Located just 15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Anselmo, CA, the workshops are presented in a professional retreat setting.